View the full 2023 Tracker with all individual ballots: 2023 BBHOF Tracker
View the full 2022 Tracker with all individual ballots: 2022 BBHOF Tracker
View the full 2021 Tracker with all individual ballots: 2021 BBHOF Tracker
View the full Tracker with all individual ballots: 2020 BBHOF Tracker
View the full Tracker with all individual ballots: 2019 BBHOF Tracker
And can always be found at:
I have a few improvements to the Tracker in mind for the coming year. Have a look at the preview available at bit.ly/hof2017 and let me know what you think.
- I’ve “hidden” candidates who are expected to receive less than ~10% support in a group (which can be revealed by clicking the “+” above column AH). This frees up screen real estate for candidates expected to receive higher vote totals, and makes data in their columns easier to read.
- After expanding the hidden group, a summary of ballots with X number of players is available. I’ll likely move this elsewhere later.
- Rows 9 and 10 detail actual final percent versus the percent a player received on pre-results public ballots, as well as public ballot percent versus private ballot percent from last year.
- Xs instead of 1s for votes.
- “Net +/- among returning voters” is now automated instead of manually tallied. Now it’ll be accurate!
- Anonymous ballots separated out from the true public ones.
- A landing page (tab) with top line information only: players’ current percentages, number of ballots revealed, and net +/-. See the “Summary” tab for a simple version of the idea.
Update 1/20/16 – additional implementations from reader suggestions:
- Gained votes and lost votes given individual rows, 20 and 21 (thanks @sarsdell)
- Added “Projected Net Gain Needed for 75%” at row 23 (thanks @flubs68 and many others).
- As noted on the sheet, this is based on numerous assumptions: Total ballots cast will be 450 (likely to be updated later this year when more is known), total first-time voters will be 15 and each candidate will receive the same % among them as he received among first-time voters last year, returning # of voters will be 435
- Formula: 338 votes needed for 75% – ((435 * actual % from 2016) + (15 * % among first-time voters last year)) = # of net gained votes needed this year for 75%
- Pre-announcement, post-announcement, and anonymous ballots have individual tallies, currently at B29, B33, and B36 (thanks @stabilio1)
Welcome back to another year of Hall of Fame vote tracking!
I’m not planning on blogging this year, but ballots are streaming in and the Tracker is tracking. Special thanks to co-conspirators Darren Viola (aka Repoz, the OG ballot collector responsible for the renowned HoF Ballot Collecting Gizmo) and Ilychs “The Panamanian Sensation” Morales.
The Tracker can be viewed at bit.ly/hof16
For all the latest, follow me at @NotMrTibbs.