Moises Alou (6), Hideo Nomo (6), Luis Gonzalez (5), Eric Gagne (2), J.T. Snow (2), Armando Benitez (1), Jacque Jones (1), and Kenny Rogers (1) received a total of 24 votes between them.
I’ve collected 49.21% of the ballots that were cast. Nearly half.
We know where exactly 1 of those 24 votes came from. The other 23 remain anonymous.
With 281 ballots collected (49.2% of total known ballots), here’s how much support players received from voters based on the number of players included on ballots:
- Bagwell received almost no support from voters who had fewer than 7 players on their ballots.
- Biggio received little support from writers who voted for fewer than 5 players.
- Frank Thomas was not a Hall of Famer to 3 and 4 vote ballot casters.
- Tim Raines received well over 50% support from writers who voted for 6 or more players, but received just 2 of 35 other votes.
- Ken Gurnick is the worst. (So far, anyway. Apparently there was at least one blank ballot submitted.)